Social Responsibility Statement
Macaran has adopted a set of principles for Socially Responsible Business operation. These principles express our commitment to ethical and legal business practices, and define a set of standards for all employees.
- Macaran respects, values and welcomes diversity in its workforce, its customers, its suppliers and the global marketplace. Macaran will comply with applicable laws and provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or gender identity. This applies to all areas of employment.
- Macaran will provide a workplace free of sexual harassment as well as harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or gender identity. We will not tolerate such harassment of employees by managers, co-workers or non-employees in the workplace.
- Macaran complies with existing local, state and federal laws regarding slavery and human trafficking in the US, Canada, the UK, Mexico, China and wherever we operate. To the best of our knowledge and belief, this transcends to all vendors from which we purchase material used in the products we manufacture.
- Macaran is committed to high standards of environmental quality and product safety, and to providing a safe workplace for our employees and contractors. We strive to comply with all applicable regulatory requirements as a minimum and implement programs and processes to achieve greater protection, where appropriate. We seek a safe workplace, free of occupational injury and illness. We strive to conserve natural resources and reduce the environmental burden of waste generation and emissions to the air, water, and land.
- Macaran expects its suppliers to comply with applicable laws concerning occupational health, safety and environmental protection, to strive for a workplace free of occupational injuries and illnesses, and to engage in manufacturing that minimizes impact to the environment and the community. We expect suppliers to maintain progressive employment practices that meet or exceed all applicable laws. In the event local standards do not exist, we expect suppliers to apply U.S. standards where appropriate.
- Macaran will provide a secure business environment for the protection of our employees, product, materials, equipment, systems and information.
- Macaran prohibits bribes and kickbacks. Macaran employees may not offer or accept a bribe or a kickback.